It’s almost here! Next week, at 12:01 a.m. EST on Jan. 22, the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) opens registration for PHA 2020 International PH Conference and Scientific Sessions at PHAssociation.org/PHA2020. PHA members can take advantage of the Early Bird Registration rates. If you are not yet a member of PHA, you can sign up at the PHA member site. There are many membership options.
Also on Wednesday, scholarship applications open for eligible attendees. Here are 10 things to know about PHA scholarships:
- Apply right away since they are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis starting Jan. 22.
- There are four types of scholarships:
- Adults with PH 18 and older who have not received a scholarship before
- Children with PH under age 18
- International leaders of non-U.S. PH organizations
- Stipends for PHA support group leaders and PHA PHriends
- A committee of patients and caregivers administer the scholarships.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive special instructions to register for Conference – so wait to register until you hear whether you will receive a scholarship (this will usually take less than one week).
- To apply for any scholarship, you must be a paid PHA member through June 14, 2020.
- Adult and pediatric applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarships cover registration fees and, depending on the type of scholarship and the need, may include caregiver registration, a two-night hotel stay and some travel expenses.
- Scholarships funds are limited, so don’t wait to apply.
- If you have received a U.S. adult scholarship before, you may not apply again.
- Pediatric and international applicants may apply more than once.
Do you have questions? Contact Scholarships@PHAssociation.org for more information.