5 Great Stories Available Only in Pathlight, PHA’s Member Magazine
The latest issue of Pathlight, the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA)’s quarterly magazine, is hot off the press and in PHA members’ mailboxes. The June issue of Pathlight addresses many ways PHA has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as inspirational stories from the pulmonary hypertension (PH) community. Here are five especially memorable features:
- Soon-to-be nursing school graduate Allison Dsouza and nurse practitioner Elizabeth Colglazier, MS, PNP-AC, describe how they “grew up” together in “PH Journey: A Patient and Nurse Practitioner Connection.” They had hoped to present their story at PHA 2020 International PH Conference and Scientific Sessions, which was canceled because of the pandemic.
- Skye Ellison, whose childhood artwork graced PHA holiday cards nearly two decades ago, shares her path to parenthood in “My Miracle Baby.” She discusses the challenges of undergoing invitro fertilization and finding a surrogate to start a family.
- Kellie Tasto and Lindsey Howe discuss other paths to parenthood in “Avenues to Adoption.” Kellie and her husband Paul adopted a daughter seven years ago. Lindsey and her husband Jason adopted biological siblings four years ago after starting as their foster parents.
- In “Finding Hope through Loss,” Nancy Jordan honors the memory of her husband Jim. Since his 2009 death, she and her family continue raise PH awareness and participate in PHA fundraisers.
- Kelley Skumautz joined PHA’s Legacy of Hope Society after her sister Mallory Hicks died. In “Legacy of Hope: A Gift to Help Others,” she discusses the importance of including PHA in estate planning. “I think of it as giving back to an organization that meant so much to each of us and helped us connect when we felt we had nowhere else to turn.”
Their stories and other inspiring content are available only in Pathlight magazine, a benefit of your PHA membership. If you’re not a PHA member, join today to enjoy Pathlight, reduced PHA 2022 Conference rates and more. Choose the membership category that is best for you. By joining at the Supporter, Leadership or Champion level, you support PHA’s patient programs, including PHA On the Road educational forums and PHA support groups. To join by phone, call 301-565-3004 x810.
Health care professionals who join one of our two medical membership networks, PH Clinicians and Researchers (PHCR) or PH Professional Network (PHPN), also receive Pathlight.