What we fight for
Effective Healthcare Policy
Congress is currently debating significant changes to the healthcare system. PHA supports the following healthcare policy priorities aimed at protecting and strengthening patient protections.
- Prohibit discrimination against individuals with costly health conditions, including pre-existing condition discrimination
- Limit out-of-pocket costs for patients
- Prohibit lifetime and annual caps on insurance benefits
- Allow young adults to stay on family coverage until they are 26
- Ensure formulary and network adequacy
- Ensure medical care driven by clinician judgment and the patient-clinician relationship
In order to best serve our diverse constituents, PHA seeks to engage in conversation with policy makers from the full spectrum of political perspectives. Advocates are encouraged to personalize their messages but should refrain from presenting their political beliefs as statements on behalf of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association.
Take action now or contact PHA's advocacy team at Advocacy@PHAssociation.org or 301-565-3004 x749.