Online and Phone Support
Connect with other patients and caregivers online or by phone. PHA support programs are facilitated by trained, experienced community volunteers. Known as PHA PHriends, the volunteers are trained to listen to your story, share tips and advice from their own experiences, and refer you to helpful resources.
Support Line volunteers answer questions, lend a sympathetic ear or guide you in solving problems or issues related to living with PH. Call PHA’s toll-free support line to speak with a volunteer: 800-748-7274.
Email PHriends can share what they’ve learned along their PH journeys, point you to information and resources, and work with you to develop strategies for coping with PH. Email PHriends can answer questions through email for up to three months.
Note: PHA PHriends are available to provide hope and support to people with PH and caregivers. They don’t provide medical advice, which should come from your physician.
Join a monthly online support group to connect with others who have similar PH experiences. Discuss struggles and triumphs, and receive support and advice from others . A PHA volunteer will facilitate introductions and conversation. Find the next meeting on the PHA Support Group meeting calendar and RSVP to receive the Zoom call-in number.
- Bereaved community members.
- CTEPH patients and family members.
- Parents of kids with PH.
- Patients with PH.
- Spanish-speaking PH patients.
- Young adults 18-39 with PH.
PHA hosts Facebook groups for the following communities:
- PHA Long-Term Thrivers with Pulmonary Hypertension
- PHA Generation Hope: Young Adults with Pulmonary Hypertension
- PHA PH Plus: Pulmonary Hypertension and Associated Conditions
- PHA CTEPH: Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
- PHA Teens
- PHA Parents of Kids with Pulmonary Hypertension
- PHA Caregivers
- PHA Newly Diagnosed with PH
If you have any questions or concerns, email us or call 301-565-3004 x777.