Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Month is underway with 11 days of digital tools and downloadable resources to help others “Spark Awareness.”
Today, we’re offering a free download of a recent issue of Pathlight, the Pulmonary Hypertension Association’s quarterly member magazine. PHA membership is just $15 a year for people with pulmonary hypertension (PH) and caregivers.
The summer issue includes:
- Innovation for an Independent Life, by software developer Shavini Fernando. Shavini invented a wearable device to continuously monitor oxygen saturation to help herself and other people with PH.
- Participating in Research, by PHA Chair Colleen Brunetti, who shares the challenges of participating in a clinical trial during the pandemic.
- Testing Tyvaso: Trial Participant Takes Control of Her Health, by Catherine Falardeau. Catherine relates her story of testing a drug for PH related to interstitial lung disease.
- The Future of PH Care takes us behind the scenes with Corey Ventetuolo, M.D., and Steven Kawut, M.D., M.S. The doctors piloted a study during the COVID-19 pandemic that could validate at-home six-minute walk tests.
- Medical Heroes Behind the Data. Monica Penaranda, Linda Sullivan and Susan Huber describe their research and clinical trial experiences.
Your free copy of Pathlight, and other Awareness Month downloads are available on our PH Awareness Month calendar. Check the calendar each day for resources and rewards, and follow PHA on social media for more information.
We launched our PH Awareness Month Calendar with an Advocacy Day of Action so the PH community could share their stories with lawmakers. We also shared a customizable press release to share with local news outlets.
On the second day of Awareness Month, we offered three background images for virtual support group meetings, book clubs and other online social activities. The third day featured a wallpaper download for your laptop or desktop computer, and the fourth featured wallpaper for your phone or tablet.
Looking for more resources? Visit our Toolkit for social media profile and cover photos, fact sheets and a customizable press release so you can share your story with your community. It also includes sample social media posts.
PHA is grateful for Janssen Pharmaceuticals and Bayer for supporting PH Awareness Month.