Conference FAQs 2018-02-09T19:00:02+00:00

Home Forums 2018 Conference (Public Forum) Conference FAQs

• Author
    Keymaster
    #8047 |

Do you have general questions about the 2018 Conference, scholarships or registration? Ask them here. PHA staff monitor this forum and can help. For a general overview of Conference, please check out https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=302780&. Information about scholarships, including requirements and award values, can be found at https://phassociation.org/education-programs/conference/scholarships/.

• Cara
    Participant

Hi! I goofed I think? I got a scholarship for my caregiver and myself for the conference for conference fees and hotel. I followed the link and accepted the scholarship and registered for the conference and made hotel reservation from the link in the email. I got confirmation of hotel reservation with a charge of $502.88. Did I mess up? I followed the instructions in the email. Please advise me what to do to fix this so I get the scholarship for hotel. We are first timers.

• Michael K
      Keymaster

Cara,

Thanks for your post. Regarding hotel, you will be charged at check-out for any nights over two. I assume you reserved for more than two nights?

Mike

• Cara
      Participant

Thank you for your quick reply. Do I cancel my reservation that I already made or leave things as they are?

• Michelle Barnave-Austin
    Participant

Im a SGL. I started my registration for the conference and it said my fee is $150. Is that with my stipend?
    Im so confused. Please Help.
    Please tell me how to register.

Michelle

• Chanel Ricks
      Participant

Michelle,

Thank you for your question. In your award letter that was emailed to you, there is a direct link for SGL stipend with your registration waived. Please check your email and click on that link. it sounds like you are on the generic registration page where fees are charged. Let us know if you have any questions!

• Linda Jones
    Participant

I have received a US adult scholarship – I completed the registration but apparently didn’t pay close enough attention – I did not register my caregiver. What do I need to do?

• Michael K
      Keymaster

Linda,

Please email meetings@phassociation.org. They will help you figure out what to do.

What was your award for? Did it cover caregiver registration or not? It will say so in the award notification email you received.

Mike

• Richard Borden
    Participant

I have a confirmation of a Scholarship but don’t remember making a hotel reservation. Did I miss something like a step in the confirmation? If so how do I correct it?

• Michael K
      Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Did your award cover hotel? Check the award notification email you received.

Mike

• Richard Borden
      Participant

Yes it covered 2 nights, registration, and some money for travel.

• Michael K
      Keymaster

Great, Richard! There should have been a check-in/check-out date option at the end of your registration. You can check on your registration by email meetings@phassociation.org.

• Richard Borden
      Participant

I think I’ve got it. Thanks! I registered 3 nights picking up Thursday on my own nickle to be fresh Friday morning.

• Linda Jones
    Participant

I received a US Adult Scholarship and completed my conference registration on February 28th – I still have not received confirmation of my hotel. Does is take this long?

• Michael K
      Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Did you get this resolved?

Mike

• Linda Jones
    Participant

Yes, I did not received a confirmation from the hotel until this morning. Chanel said that she resent my request to the hotel and I did get a confirmation email this morning! Thanks for your help!

• Stephanie Bachelder
    Participant

Hi All! Can anyone clarify ‘travel expenses’ as the email said something about $0.14 per mile. I am driving down from Massachusetts.
    Thanks.
    Stephanie

• Michael K
      Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

That’s the charitable mileage rate, the amount PHA is permitted to reimburse for mileage by law.

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.