In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and PH 2018-07-25T14:21:27+00:00

Home Forums General Discussion (Public Forum) In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and PH

• Author
    Participant
    #9111 |

Hello, I am curious if anybody out there has thought about pursuing IVF treatment for egg retrieval, as an alternative to a natural pregnancy. I am 30 years old, have been diagnosed since I was 11. I am very stable on oral meds (niphedapine/ sildenafil/digoxin). My latest RHC shows my mean PA pressures are ~27mmHG. I am having trouble getting the fertility clinic to proceed with the process given the unknown risks of hormone therapy, coupled with the PH diagnosis.

I know there are others out there with PH who have undergone IVF, and would love to hear their story and how they went about it. Since there is little to no research on PH and IVF out there, I am having a really hard time getting buy-in from my doctors, even though I am willing to accept the risks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

• Sarah Bryan
    Participant

I was told that the hormone therapy would put me at too high of a risk for bleeding–but I also had an episode of coughing up blood a couple years back, so I may be at higher risk than you are currently. I hope this works out for you–not being able to have biological kids is one of the hardest things about this. Let us know what you find out–if there are more options out there I’d love to know! My wife is willing to carry a baby if I have my eggs harvested, so I do have that option if they would let me undergo the hormone therapy.

• Skye Ellison
    Participant

Thanks for sharing! I will keep you posted how my journey goes.

• linda
      Participant

Sky- what type of PH do you have?

• Skye Ellison
      Participant

Hi Linda, I have Group 1 (Idiopathic, no known cause), and Class 1 .

• linda
      Participant

Sky, and you have had it since you were 11yrs old.? Your pressure is almost normal.
      what was your pressure prior to medication?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.