Home Forums General Discussion (Public Forum) Other Questions & Family details

• Author
    Participant

A COUPLE OTHER QUESTIONS:

– Does anyone know if Donna Sparks from Indiana is still on this group? I read a PHA article about her story. Since I know that she is from Indiana I would love to connect with her in case she has a doctor recommendation within the state.

I’m not very good at using this forum yet. I don’t know if there’s a way to search for members or such.

– How risky is elective surgery or even sedation/anesthesia (i.e. left heart cath) for things unrelated to PH if a person would have undiagnosed/untreated PH?

I FORGOT TO MENTION THESE FAMILY ISSUES:

OXYGEN: My sister and I have also had issues with our oxygen being in the low to mid 90s off and on; and sometimes as low as 86-89 for me. Doesn’t necessarily stay there long but is dropping down to those numbers. For me, can be with activity or sometimes even at rest.

OXYGEN DROP IN EXERCISE: My sister had a cardiopulmonary exercise test (CPET) this week to evaluate for any worsening of her heart failure. At rest her oxygen was 92; 93 and 94 as she started the bicycle part, and appears that it dropped to 76 at peak exercise. I don’t recall her oxygen dropping in previous CPETs but it’s been a few years since the others.

I don’t know if it’s common for a person with heart failure to have oxygen to drop that much with exercise or not. I have read that this is common with PH. And I just read that it is common when a person has a congenital heart defect.

CHD: My sister also has a SUSPECTED congenital heart defect via a bubble echo. In 2013 or so, my sister was also found to have a patent foramen ovale (which of course, would have been there since birth) and an interatrial septal aneurysm. This was found in her 50s and no repairs done.

So, there’s a LOT going on, and I just wonder if PH is not the culprit.

Thanks so much for any replies, comments, personal stories, advice. It means the world to me.

Beverly

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.