• Author
    Participant

My cardiologist didn’t mention PAH that is on my diagnosis report…that he wrote. My right ventricular systolic pressure was 43 mmHg on echo. The only other finding from echo is atrial ectopic tachycardia. I originally went to cardiologist because my blood pressure stays consistently low (which he dismissed) and I’m SOOO tired all the time. I have had shortness of breath a lot and just assumed it was because of my low blood pressure. Any advice is appreciated

• Michael Knaapen
    Keymaster

Karen, are you saying that your cardiologist wrote PAH on the diagnosis report but did not discuss it with you?

• Karen
    Participant

Yes…he discussed the atrial ectopic tachycardia (also on diagnosis report) but not the PAH on it

• Lynn
    Participant

I had a similar thing happen. I had an echo to check my heart function before a surgery. The cardiologist said everything was fine. My rheumatologist likes me to bring her copies of all of my tests, so I took her the echo results.
    She said it looks like you may have PH, you need to follow up with a Pulmonologist and have a right heart cath. I had the right heart cath and it confirmed mild PH. When I went back to that same cardiologist like a year later, she said, so, you don’t have PH. I’m like, what do you mean? The heart cath confirmed it, and I have been seeing a Pulmonologist that specializes in PH and he says I have it. She was like, well, yeah, but it is very mild. CRAZY!!!

I switched cardiologist after that. My current cardiologist is very good. And his words were, even though it is mild at this time, that means that, even at rest, my heart, is working at least twice as hard as a person with normal pressures. Plus, it has to be monitored.

If I were you, I would either find another cardiologist and or have a Pulmonologist review your echo,results. You need to have a right heart cath to confirm if it is actually PH.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.