Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My Dr started me on Lataris(the generic)and man did my feet and legs swell up so bad along with major redness.Anyone else have that problem?

• Darla Stewart
      Participant

I do NOT have experience with that medication, but it sounds like an allergic reaction with the redness. Definitely get it checked out.

• Jim
      Participant

Thank you Darla
      I did go in and Dr stopped the Lataris and seems to think it was a known side effect:(

• Nikki Fakhouri
      Participant

Just curious what the doctor said and did they give you anything different and are you careful with your salt and water intake or fluids I’m just curious because it’s just way too much for me to keep track of most of all the time I’m just curious if you do and maybe he had any helpful tips for me that may help

• Jim
      Participant

Hi Nikki
      I am the wife and my husband is the patient,he ended up in the hospital last week so they could get rid of the excess water quickly with an iv diuretic.
      It really helped a lot and his leg swelling is way down and legs are no longer weeping.Salt seems to be a big part of his problem and we have started being very careful as there is sooo much sodium in everything.

• Kelly
      Participant

I am NOT a Dr. so I’m hardly qualified to be dispensing medical advice, however, something that was recommended to me by a nutritionist, for the swelling and redness in my lower legs from taking Lataris.
      I was advised to eat lots of broccoli, esp raw. I started buying organically grown broccoli and literally breaking off the “branches” and dipping the head of the broccoli branch in any hot soup I’d be eating, and doing so doesn’t cook the broccoli, but softens it and gives it the flavor of the soups broth… then I simply bite the head of the broccoli branch off, then dip the stem into the hot soup, and repeat that 6-8 times on a session. Been doing so for about a month and I now have no swelling, nor redness, and minimal pain in my legs. Cuz the Lataris has really done its job otherwise, but the leg swelling almost caused me to cease taking it, but however it works, consuming raw broccoli has removed virtually any and all Lartaris side effects. At 5he very least, eating raw broccoli certainly would never hurt you.
      In any case, worked like a champ for me!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.