Symptoms with Mild Pulmonary Hypertension? 2017-09-20T14:40:11+00:00

Home Forums General Discussion (Public Forum) Symptoms with Mild Pulmonary Hypertension?

• Author
    Participant
    #6892 |

I was diagnosed with Mild Pulmonary Hypertension about a year ago. They believe mine is due to my aleep apnea but also that my auto immune diseases (Hashimotos, Sjogrens, Fibromaralgia) could be effecting the disease so I have been on high doses of Immunosuppressant drugs for a year now and use a CPAP Machine. Note: I also take a light dose of beta blocker and a diuretic. I notice that when I am not feeling well, which is most of the time, I experience shortness of breath when walking, leaning over, carrying something etc. even though I only have mild PH (Pressures of almost 27) and my oxygen levels are in the normal range. Is this normal?

• Patricia
    Participant

Barbara, I don’t believe that is normal. At best my pressures are 45, I take three different PH meds, and I am able to do just about anything, but that didn’t happened until they got my PH under control. Did they get your pressures by doing a right heart cath? If not, they should as that is the most accurate way to get pressures and to see how your cardiac output is.

• Lisa
    Participant

From what I understand Mean PA pressures of over 25 indicate PH now I may be wrong! My mean was only 28 and I have significant symptoms. It sounds like you have a lot of underlying conditions that contribute to the PH. Those probably need to be addressed as well because it can make the PH worse (from what i’ve read) again i’m not a medical professional by any means-just a patient reaching out. because I was just dxed with PAH about a month ago due to diastolic dysfunction. At this point I’m awaiting referral to a pulmonologist for further eval.

• Barbara
    Participant

Yes, I had a heart catherization and two echocardiograms. The pressures are mild yet I do have symptoms. I have been on the immunosuppressive drugs for a year now to calm my autoimmune diseases down. Plus I had the pressure in my CPap machine increased. I still get shortness of breath even though my pulse oxygen rates are normal and I feel weak most of the time. My cardiologist keeps saying to just lose weight. I realize that being over weight isn’t helping me but I believe there is more going on here. Can be frustrating.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.