The latest issue of Pathlight, the flagship magazine of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA), was sent to PHA members earlier this month. The magazine is published quarterly. Don’t miss the many interesting articles in the June issue, including:
- “Double-Lung Transplant Patient Celebrates ‘Life in All Its Beauty and Fullness’”
Donna Hershey, R.N., tells the story of her diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension at age 4 and her life-saving lung transplant that allows her play with her children, swim laps and dance.
- “Innovation Springs From Heartbreak: Sam Hall’s Story”
Sam Hall tells the story of running a successful floor covering business until the day he was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, bronchiectasis and pulmonary hypertension (PH). He overcame heartbreak and hardship to become an inventor of a safety strap that helps reduce the risk of falls for oxygen users.
- “Leaving a Legacy of Love,” describes how bereaved family members and friends create a legacy for their loved ones.
- “On Grief and Giving Back,” a feature on PHA support group leader Jackie Woosley who facilitates the monthly PHA Bereavement Telephone Support Group.
- “PHA Board of Trustees Members Take Action for PH,” recounts how several PHA trustees visited legislative offices on Capitol Hill to advocate for support of a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention program aimed at improving the length and quality of life for those living with PH.
If you’re not a PHA member yet, it’s fast and easy to become a member online! Visit www.PHAssociation.org/join to choose the membership category that is best for you. By joining at the Supporter, Leadership and Champion level, you also are supporting PHA’s patient programs, including PHA On the Road educational forums and PHA support groups, email support and telephone support. To join over the phone, call 301-565-3004 x810.
Pathlight is also a member benefit for PHA memberships for physician, researchers and allied health professionals. To learn more about PH Clinicians and Researchers and PH Professional Network membership, visit the the PHA website.