The latest issue of Pathlight, the flagship magazine of the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA), was sent to PHA members last week. The magazine is published quarterly. Don’t miss the many interesting articles in the issue, including:
- Cover feature: “A Heart That Leads the Way” by Kevin Burke, vice president of PHA-Australia, who opens up about the challenges of his pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) diagnosis.
- “Broadway Singer in Role of a Lifetime as PH Advocate” by Stephen Carter-Hicks of Virginia talks about how he continues to perform as well as advocate after receiving his PAH diagnosis.
- “Newly Approved System Aims to Better Assess Donor Lungs” looks at an ex vivo lung perfusion system (EVLP) that prepares and assesses lungs previously considered unsuitable for transplantation.
- In “Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and Pulmonary Hypertension: A Bedside Perspective,” Nidhy Varghese, M.D., and KeAundra Ware, B.S.N., RNC-NIC, write about the challenges of infants diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension (PH).
- “Open Enrollment: Navigating the Road to Health Insurance Coverage” helps individuals with PH prepare for this fall’s open enrollment.
- “Caregivers: Who Asked You?” explores the challenges faced by caregivers, often family members, who take care of individuals with PH and provides resources that offer respite and support.
- “Who Is Dr. Robert Schilz?” This physician/researcher developed “PH Jeopardy!” for PHA’s 2017 Pulmonary Hypertension Professional Network (PHPN) Symposium and brought the game back in 2019 due to popular demand.
If you’re not a PHA member yet, it’s fast and easy to become a member online! Visit www.PHAssociation.org/join to choose the membership category that is best for you. By joining at the Supporter, Leadership and Champion level, you also are supporting PHA’s patient programs, including PHA On the Road educational forums and PHA support groups, email support and telephone support. To join over the phone, call 301-565-3004 x810.