The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is looking for volunteers to lead support groups. Support group leaders can be people with pulmonary hypertension (PH), caregivers, health care providers, or anyone willing to volunteer their time.
By becoming a support group leader, you will join a nationwide team of volunteers who are passionate about supporting, educating and empowering the PH community.
Support groups provide patients and caregivers opportunities to connect with their peers. Participants can learn about diagnosis, treatment, symptoms, disease management, lifestyle tips and more from others in the PH community, including health care professionals.
As a support group leader, you will plan and lead support group meetings. PHA will provide assistance and tools to help get your group started, plus ongoing support. Here’s how:
- PHA support group leadership training (initial and ongoing training).
- Help planning your first meeting.
- Resources for meeting topics and guest speakers.
- Identifying food and beverage sponsorship opportunities (in-person meetings).
- Promote support group meetings on PHA website, direct mail and email.
- Connections with other PHA support group leaders
PHA offers in-person and virtual support group meetings. You can choose the option that works best for you, your group and your area. Starting a support group is one of the most meaningful ways to strengthen the PH community in your area. Apply today.