We are less than a month away from PHA on the Road in Kansas City, Kan. It takes place on Saturday, Oct. 12, at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center.
PHA on the Road is a free educational event for those living with pulmonary hypertension (PH) and their loved ones to learn more about the disease from regional experts, as well as to connect with others in the PH community.
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is pleased to announce the schedule of topics and support group sessions for the day. Topics are subject to change.
9:00 – 9:50 a.m.: General Session #1: PH 101: The Journey through Diagnosis and Treatment
10:00 – 10:50 a.m.: Breakout Sessions #1 (concurrent):
- Get Moving: Exercise and Pulmonary Rehabilitation in PH
- Managing Side Effects of PH Medications
- Traveling (Even Abroad!) with PH
- Ask a Pediatric PH Expert
11:20 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.: Breakout Sessions #2 (concurrent):
- Follow-up Visits: How Clinicians Make Decisions for Your Care
- Living Life Fully While Coping with a Chronic Illness
- Preparing for Surgery, Anesthesia or a Medical Emergency with PH
12:10 – 1:30 p.m.: Networking Lunch, Lightning Round Q&A and Keynote Presentation
1:40 – 2:30 p.m.: Support Group Sessions (concurrent):
- Caregivers: Support group for people who love someone with PH (caregivers only)
- Continuing Your Journey: Support group for PH patients of more than three years (patients only)
- Newly Diagnosed: Support group for people who are at risk, have been recently diagnosed or are still being diagnosed (patients only)
2:40 – 3:30 p.m.: General Session #2: Spotlight on PH Research/PHA at Your Fingertips
There’s still plenty of time to register for this free event! Go to PHAssociation.org/OnTheRoad or call 301-565-3004 ext. 744 to register. Attendees will also enjoy complimentary breakfast and lunch, child care for kids 3-17, and free self-parking.