PH Professional Network Committees
Our Committee members work to advance the collaborative approach to PH care. Nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, physician assistants, social workers and other healthcare professionals team up to develop innovative research and education initiatives. They provide unique and useful resources to hone our members’ skills. PHPN’s Committees lie at the core of the Network’s mission to unite the professional community in providing the best care possible for PH patients.
Take your commitment to the next level – Join one of our committees and help forge the future of PH care! Have a question? Email the chair of any committee or PHPN@PHAssociation.org to find out more.
- Welcomes new members and connects them to peers and volunteer opportunities
- Thanks members for renewing their membership and commitment to PHA
- Matches mentor and mentee pairs in the PH Professional Network (PHPN) Mentor Program
- Helps PHA recognize health care members and their contributions to the field in the Member Spotlight section of PHA’s monthly e-newsletter, PH Roundup
- Provide author and topic ideas as needed for the PHPN section of PHA’s medical journal, Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension
This committee is the perfect match for a new PHPN member or someone who is looking to make connections and meet new people! Join us today.
- Develops educational resources for PH patients and caregivers
- Provides tools to help patients more easily manage and communicate about their disease
- Identifies knowledge gaps among patients, caregivers and health care professionals
- Reviews new and current educational resources provided by PHA
This committee is the perfect match for someone who is passionate about empowering PH patients and maximizing clinicians’ time with them! Join us today.
- Creates and curates practice tools for use in clinic and resources for PH-treating health care professionals to help them provide quality patient care
- Identifies best care practices and informational needs among the PH-treating community
- Works closely with the Education Committee to curate practice resources, including patient education materials, for use by PH-treating health care professionals
The Practice Committee is currently looking for respiratory therapists and pharmacists who want to help improve the quality of patient care across all disciplines! Join us today.
- Plans all professional education activities for PHA’s biennial PHPN Symposium
- Invites speakers and conceptualizes new programming for the PHPN Symposium
- Creatively introduces new networking opportunities at the PHA PHPN Symposium
This committee is for members interested in creating meaningful education and networking opportunities for their peers. Currently, the Symposium Committee is full and is not accepting new members.
PHPN Executive Committee
PHPN Leadership includes the chair, chair-elect and immediate past chair of the Network. The Executive Committee is composed of the Leadership and the chair (and in some cases, vice-chair) of each of the four committees: Networking, Education, Practice and Symposium. The PHPN Executive Committee meets twice each year to discuss the needs of the PHPN community, report progress and set goals for the future to encourage PHPN involvement with PHA’s activities and mission.
Fran Rogers, M.S.N., CRNP
Temple University Hospital
Amy Kimber, R.N., APNP
PHPN Immediate Past Chair
Medical College of Wisconsin
Johnell Diwan, R.N., B.S.N.
Practice Committee Chair
Legacy Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Martha Kingman, D.N.P., FNP-C
Symposium Committee Chair
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Cheri Abbott, R.N., CCRP
University of Colorado Denver
Mary Bartlett, M.S., R.N., C.S., F.N.P.
Networking Committee Chair
Winthrop University Hospital
Kimberly Jackson, R.N.
Education Committee Chair
University of Kentucky, Gill Heart Insitute
Susie McDevitt, R.N., M.S.N., ACNP
Symposium Committee Vice-Chair
University of Michigan Health System
Ann Arbor, Mich.