PH Professional Network Committees
PH Professional Network committee members advance the collaborative approach to quality pulmonary hypertension (PH) care. Nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, physician assistants, social workers and other health care professionals work with Pulmonary Hypertension Association staff to develop innovative education initiatives and resources.
Committee members provide unique, useful resources to hone professional members’ knowledge, improve patient care and educate patients. PHPN committees are the core of the network’s mission to unite the professional community in providing the best possible care for people with PH.
Take your commitment to the next level. Join a committee and help forge the future of PH care.
Questions? Email us.Apply for PHPN Committee Membership
Patient & Caregiver Education Committee
- Plans, develops and advises on the creation, dissemination and analysis of a regular patient and caregiver needs assessment.
- Creates, reviews and edits new and existing educational resources for PH patients and caregivers.
- Provides tools to help patients more easily manage and communicate about their disease.
- Communicates key learning objectives and provides advice for dissemination of patient and caregiver education resources.
This committee is ideal for patient or professional PHA members who are passionate about empowering PH patients and caregivers through educational resource development. Join
Professional Education Committee
- Develops in-person and digital educational resources for PH providers.
- Provides expertise and advice on topics, curricula and presenters on PHA priority topics.
- Identifies knowledge gaps among health care professionals.
- Recommends mentors to lead regional or one-to-one tele-mentoring groups.
This committee is ideal for PHA members who are passionate about professional education design. Join
- Creates and updates practice tools for clinic use and resources to help PH professionals provide quality patient care.
- Identifies best care practices and informational needs among the PH-treating community.
- Works closely with other PHPN committees to curate practice resources, including patient education materials, for use by PH-treating health care professionals.
This committee is ideal for PHA members who are passionate about improving the quality of patient care across all disciplines. Join
- Plans all professional education activities for PHA’s biennial PHPN Symposium.
- Invites speakers and conceptualizes new programming for PHPN Symposium.
- Creatively introduces new networking opportunities for PHPN Symposium.
This committee is ideal for members who are passionate about creating meaningful continuing education and networking opportunities for their peers. Join
PHPN Executive Committee
PHPN Leadership includes the chair, chair-elect and immediate past chair of the PH Professional Network. The Executive Committee includes the chairs of each of the Professional Education, Patient and Caregiver Education, and Practice and Symposium committees and the Symposium Committee vice-chair. The PHPN Executive Committee meets twice each year to discuss the needs of the PHPN community, report progress and set goals to encourage PHPN involvement with PHA’s activities and mission.
University of Kentucky
Gill Heart Institute
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
PHPN Immediate Past Chair
University of Colorado Denver
Patient & Caregiver Education Committee (PACE) Chair
University of Maryland Medical Center
2023 Symposium Committee Chair
Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health
Professional Education Committee Co-Chair
Oregon Health & Science University
2023 Symposium Committee Vice-Chair
Indiana University Health