myPHA Community Guidelines
Welcome to myPHA! This is a place where our community can:
- Meet others whose lives have been similarly affected by PH.
- Meet other people interested in fighting back against PH.
- Discuss the latest topics in research, events and PHA news.
- Learn more about what is happening through PHA members in their area.
- Share experiences and learn from the experiences of others.
- myPHA thrives on its members and members’ participation
- Stay involved, make comments, add files and pictures, start a blog, seek new friends
- Invite others who would benefit from the community- the more the merrier! Spread the word in any other PH-related communities.
- Post only information that you are comfortable with others seeing — and knowing — about you.
- These guidelines are designed to help make participation for everyone a positive experience.
How you talk to others in an online setting is not that different from the way you would talk to others in real life. But there are some things you should be mindful of in an online environment:
- These online community forums are intended to provide a meeting place for patients and family members to communicate with one another. They are not intended to provide medical advice on personal health matters, which should be obtained directly from a physician. PHA will not be responsible for visitors’ actions taken as a result of their interpretation of information contained in these forums.
- These forums are for PH patients and their family and friends, but they can be viewed by anyone. As such, please use care when posting messages. Due to the public nature, feel free to register with an online pseudonym instead of your real name if you prefer.
- Electronic messages lack the nuances of face-to-face and telephone conversations. When composing a message, please try to be as clear about your intent as possible, as to minimize offending others. When reading a message, please remember that the written word may be open to interpretation.
- These forums are a place for community and support. Messages with profane language or that contain harmful comments about an individual or group are prohibited and subject to removal. See below for details about reporting a problem message.
- Keep in mind that the subject of these forums is pulmonary hypertension. We encourage participants to minimize off-topic messages, but if you do post an off-topic message, please be sure to mark the message as Off-Topic (OT) when composing your message.
- Posting in all caps is the same as SHOUTING
- Don’t use offensive language, be rude, use hate speech, or harass or spam other members
- No selling, solicitation, advertisement, or promotion of products or services is permitted on the Network. This is a place to engage with other members in a positive way, not sell your stuff.
- Don’t upload copyrighted or illegal materials that don’t belong to you
- Don’t upload a picture that you wouldn’t show your children — that means no pictures of nudity, or sexual content, violence, weapons, etc.
- If there is an issue you’d like to report, flag the content or action, send a message through the help section of the site, or notify us at myPHAadmin@phassociation.org . Please note that while PHA has no obligation to delete content that you find personally objectionable or offensive, we will do our best to address any problems that may arise.
- When there is a violation of our guidelines below, we may:
- Provide a warning to the offender
- Delete some or all of the content
- Temporarily or permanently terminate the offending member’s account (we don’t want to, so don’t make us)
Things to Remember
- PHA is not responsible for the content provided by users on the site and the content provided by users is their opinion and not that of PHA.
- Use common sense when reading any recommendations or advice and always consult a professional (e.g., your doctor, tax accountant, lawyer, etc.) when making any important decisions.
- Our guidelines will evolve over time and we reserve the right to modify or change these guidelines without notice
- Contact us at myPHAadmin@phassociation.org with any questions!
Third party postings: Posting from individuals and partner organizations is encouraged in PHA patient forums when relevant and useful information is provided for the PH community. Posts that offer third-party non-PHA reviewed information and tips or content promoting non-PHA products or services is considered spam and may be hidden. In such cases, the sender may receive a warning from the page administrator.
That’s it! Thanks for joining us!