We are just one week away from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association’s (PHA’s) free PHA on the Road education forum at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel in Kansas City, Kan., on Oct. 12. PHA on the Road is a free educational event for those living with pulmonary hypertension (PH) and their loved ones to learn more about the disease from regional experts, as well as to connect with others in the PH community. Online registration for this event closes Oct. 8.
This event will bring together those in the local Kansas City area, as well as from Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas and Oklahoma. Those who have attended PHA on the Road events remark how helpful and inspiring they are.
For instance, Yulanda Williams, a caregiver who attended the PHA on the Road event held in San Francisco in August, notes, “This was the best organized, relevant, informative, educational forum I have attended in the Bay area. It was a pleasure to be in the presence of such professional medical practitioners…Thank you for all of your research and commitment to medicine and saving lives.”
The PHA on the Road event in Kansas City will offer a full schedule of topics and support group sessions for the day, such as:
- Traveling (Even Abroad!) with PH
- Panelists: Jocelyn Havener, B.S.N., R.N.; Mary Knabe, R.N., M.S.N.; Brenda McCowan, patient representative
- Does the thought of traveling with PH seem overwhelming? This session focuses on how all types of travel – even abroad – can be safely navigated. Panelists will also discuss how to have a plan of action in case of any unforeseen emergencies while away from home.
- Ask a Pediatric PH Expert
- Panelist: Brian F. Birnbaum, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- This session will allow dedicated time for parents and families of infants, kids and teens with PH to ask questions about pediatric PH diagnoses and available surgical and medical treatments.
Other topics and sessions will help attendees focus on making the best health care decisions, treatment planning, surgery prep, how to live with a chronic illness and more! This education forum event has support group sessions throughout the day for patients and caregivers. Attendees will also enjoy complimentary breakfast and lunch, child care for kids 3-17 and free self-parking. Come learn from leading medical experts, connect with support groups and invite your friends and family.
Register for free online at PHAssociation.org/OnTheRoad/kansascity or call 301-565-3004 ext. 744.