PHA ON THE ROAD
PHA on the Road is a free education and networking event for pulmonary hypertension (PH) patients and their families. This patient-focused program offers presentations by PH expert physicians and interactive Q&A sessions with PH-treating health care professionals. PHA on the Road is an opportunity to learn from PH experts about what you need to know to manage every aspect of your health.
This program also offers several opportunities to meet others in the area who are living with PH and understand the challenges of life with this disease. You’ll learn lifestyle tips along the way on how to live your best life with PH. If you cannot join us for the whole day – no problem! Please register and attend the sessions you can.
PHA will be “on the road” in two cities in 2019 to make connections with families living with PH and provide education, support and networking opportunities – all free of charge.
San Francisco, Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019
Kansas City, Kan., Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019
- Kids’ Room for complimentary day-of child care services (kids 3-17; no diapers please).
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, coffee and snacks.
- Complimentary self-parking.
- Support group sessions and interactive presentations.
Everyone is welcome to attend, so please invite your friends and family to join you! If you have any questions, please contact gro.noitaicossAHP@sgniteeM or 301-565-3004 ext. 811. We’ll see you “on the road!”
PHA On the Road flier (PDF)
Common Session Topics at PHA on the Road:
- Diagnosing PH: Tests, tests and more tests.
- Communicating and advocating for yourself in a PH emergency.
- Finding insurance coverage and making it work.
- Healthy diet and lifestyle choices in PH: Managing your diuretics and fluids.
- The important benefits of exercise and pulmonary rehabilitation programs in PH.
- Oxygen: How to manage it at home, at work and on the go.
- What’s on the horizon: Clinical trials and new treatments.
More Information Coming Soon!