SCHOOL RESOURCE Guide
A little education and communication can go a long way. Share this electronic handbook with the staff at your child’s school to ensure that your child is in good hands in the classroom and on the playground.
The materials here, created by a team of parents and pulmonary hypertension-treating medical professionals, provide general educational materials about PH and PH treatment to educate your child’s teachers and improve dialogue between PH families and educational professionals.
Because every child with PH is unique, the handbook is available for download as a series of Word documents so you can personalize each sheet to accurately describe your child’s specific needs.
Download the School Resource Guide!
- Letter to Parents – Using the School Resource Guide
- Letter to your child’s school
- PH Fact Sheet for school
- Emergency 101 flier for EMTs
- Student’s emergency information sheet
- Medication list and activity restrictions
- Medication information:
- Ambrisentan (Letairis®)
- Bosentan (Tracleer®)
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Digoxin (Lanoxin®)
- Epoprostenol (Flolan®, Veletri®)
- Furosemide (Lasix®)
- Iloprost (Ventavis®)
- Macitentan (Opsumit®)
- Riociguat (Adempas®)
- Selexipag (Uptravi®)
- Sildenafil (Revatio®, Viagra®)
- Tadalafil (Adcirca®)
- Inhaled treprostinil (Tyvaso®)
- Intravenous treprostinil (Remodulin®)
- Subcutaneous treprostinil (Remodulin®)
- Treprostinil (Orenitram®)
- Warfarin sodium (Coumadin®)