With or without insurance, pulmonary hypertension (PH) treatments can be costly. If you need help covering the co-pay for your pulmonary hypertension therapy, you might want to take some or all of the following steps. This list represents resources that might apply to many in the PH community. It is by no means an exhaustive list of state or local assistance that may be available in your area.
For recommendations about local community resources, contact the Patient Advocate Foundation at 800-532-5274.
Contact Your PH Care Team
If you believe you could run out of your PH therapy, contact your PH care team now. Don’t wait until you are completely out of medication.
Nonprofit Charitable Assistance Funds
Here is a list of nonprofit assistance programs. The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) will update this page and announce changes through PHA News, our weekly e-newsletter, if the status of these funds change. Sign up for PHA News here.
- The Assistance Fund – Currently accepting applications. Call 855-649-8623 or visit the TAF website. TAF provides assistance to individuals with all insurance types.
- Good Days – not currently accepting applications.
- PAN Foundation – currently accepting applications. Call 1-866-316-7263 or visit the PAN website. PAN provides assistance to individuals with Medicare, including Medicare Advantage.
- Patient Advocate Foundation – currently accepting applications. Call 1-866-512-3861 or visit the PAF website. The Patient Advocate Foundation offers assistance with health insurance deductibles and medication copays for individuals with Medicare, Medicaid or health insurance related to military service.
- Patient Services Inc – not currently accepting applications.
Other nonprofit programs
- The PAN Foundation’s FUND FINDER notifies users when assistance funds are available from several charitable organizations. Learn more and sign up.
- NeedyMeds offers a drug discount card, links to manufacturer assistance programs and other prescription assistance resources for both brand and generic therapies. Learn more here.
If your child is under 18 and has PH, you should know about the pediatric assistance fund at the HealthWell Foundation. The fund assists with co-pays or other costs related to a child’s life-altering medical condition. Applications are considered case by case, and there is no online application. Interested families should contact the HealthWell Foundation at 800-675-8416. See additional guidelines.
Manufacturer Patient Assistance Programs
Many pharmaceutical companies or specialty pharmacies sponsor drug-specific assistance program