PHA Code of Conduct
PHA is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for all members of the community and staff either interacting one-on-one or at PHA sponsored- or sanctioned-events, including staff meetings, virtual community events, leadership meetings, online forums, or in-person events and gatherings.
We expect all community members and staff to abide by this Code of Conduct:
- Apply and exemplify PHA’s values of respect for one another and members of the community, compassion towards other, commitment to PHA’s mission-driven work, and effective and open communication.
- Respect the wishes of presenters, sponsors and attendees at meetings, symposia or online programming, who, either through verbal expression or through notation on the agenda, have not granted the sharing of presentations, images, interactions, or materials on social media channels or other platforms.
- Alert PHA Staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, threatening or demeaning speech or actions by any member of the community or staff, in all related events and in one-on-one communications;
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or personal characteristics;
- Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact;
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping);
- Intimidation, stalking, or deliberate following;
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces;
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- Presentations, postings, and messages containing promotional materials, job offers, or solicitations at or leading to a PHA event, unless pre-approved by PHA;
- Capturing video, audio, or photography of slides, exhibitor/sponsor interactions, or presentations without the presenter’s/author’s permission;
- Capturing video, audio, or photography of chat interactions with fellow community members or staff without their permission;
- Real or implied threat of physical harm, or real or implied threat of professional or financial damage.
ANYONE BEING HARASSED, NOTICES THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS BEING HARASSED, OR HAVE ANY OTHER CONCERNS, PLEASE CONTACT A MEMBER OF THE PHA STAFF IMMEDIATELY.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any member of the community including event attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, contractors, volunteer leaders, vendors, venue or PHA staff and anyone with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. Repeated or serious violations of this policy will result in the individual being asked to remove themselves from the situation, including leaving a meeting or event immediately without the right to a refund. Egregious violations will result in more severe sanctions at PHA’s discretion.