The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) will host PHA on the Road: PH Patients and Families Education Forum in Milwaukee Saturday, Oct. 27. PHA on the Road is a unique education and networking event that provides structured sessions for patients, their families and caregivers to learn more about pulmonary hypertension (PH) and have questions answered by local PH experts who will discuss and present on a variety of related topics.
If you have unanswered questions about access to oxygen or how to manage it, chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH), or if you are unsure about the information you have found on the Internet, join PHA in Milwaukee to get answers and learn more about how to live your best life with PH. Following are some of the sessions that will be held during PHA on the Road – Milwaukee:
- Balancing sodium and fluid intake.
- Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH).
- Debunking PH myths and misconceptions.
- Follow-up visits: How clinicians make decisions for your care.
- Managing side effects of PH medications.
- Oxygen access and management.
- PH 101: The journey through diagnosis and treatment.
- Prostacyclin therapies for World Health Organization (WHO) Group 1 PH (pulmonary arterial hypertension, or PAH).
- Spotlight on PH research.
PHA on the Road also provides:
- Kids’ Room for complimentary day-of child care services (children 3-17 years old; no diapers please).
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, coffee and snacks.
- Complimentary self-parking.
- Support group sessions.