The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) International PH Conference and Scientific Sessions is the largest gathering of people with pulmonary hypertension (PH) in the world – a unique opportunity for scientists to conduct PH research.
Each PHA conference includes a Research Room, where teams of investigators gather data and biological samples from PH and their families for specific, approved studies.
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
- All investigator group members must register for PHA 2022. Learn more.
- Each investigative group must use Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols onsite at PHA 2022. PHA uses a shared data-collection form to reduce the administrative burden for participants. The form allows participants to answer questions for all Research Room studies at one time.
- You are required to submit proof that your project has been submitted to the IRB with your application. If you are selected to conduct a study in the Research Room, you must submit documentation of final IRB approval.
- Each investigative group will have a workstation to interview and enroll patients and family members and collect data and/or biospecimens. Patient/family participants each will undergo one blood draw. There may be limitations on available biospecimen volumes, which may be as low as 6-8 ml per group. Please consider this issue as you plan your Research Room proposal.
New In 2022
- The number of studies selected for the Research Room will be limited because of the pandemic
- Patient/family participants must sign up in advance for specified time slots for each research study to ensure distancing.
- Investigative groups must provide their own supplies to support their studies, such as biospecimen vials. PHA will provide biospecimen storage at 4 degrees Celsius throughout the conference.
- Investigative groups will be responsible for shipping materials at the end of PHA 2022.
To apply, submit this Investigator Application form by Sunday, April 3.
PHA 2020 Research Room Hours
- Thursday, June 9: 3-6:30 p.m. EDT
- Friday, June 10: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT (closed for lunch noon to 2 p.m. EDT)
- Saturday, June 11: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT (closed for lunch noon to 2 p.m. EDT)
Submit your final IRB approval to PHCC@phassociation.org.