Pulmonary Hypertension Program
2000 East Greenville Street Suite 1100
Anderson, SC 29621
The AnMed Health PH Program was established in 2013 and was based upon need for pulmonary hypertension (PH) patient-focused care. The Program’s first patient was seen six years ago with severe PAH, Neuro-fibromatosis and Atrial septal defect. The patient came in with severe shortness of breath and cough and was unable to walk from the hospital bed to the bathroom. The attending physician called the palliative care team due to the severe PH on the echocardiogram and consulted pulmonary services. Patient then went for the work up (RHC) for PAH and was started on therapy. We were able to add another 1.5 years to her life and she lived to see the birth of her grandchild. We then established a PAH Care Center to provide timely and comprehensive care to these patients.
PH Program Physicians
- Abhijit Raval, M.D. (center director)
- William Walker, M.D.
- Stephen Hand, M.D.
- Syed Malik, M.D.
- Chet Walters, M.D.
- Clay Hall, R.R.T., R.C.P.
Duration of Program’s Existence
- Since 2013
Number of PAH Patients Being Actively Managed
Number of Patients on IV/SQ Therapy
- None current
Support Services Available
- Cardiology Services
- Rheumatology Services
- ECHO, Cardiac Cath Lab, Radiology
- Pulmonary Diagnostics/Rehabilitation
- Social Work/Dietary/Palliative Care
Abhijit Raval, M.D.
- Internal Medicine; Pulmonary
- 2002 – MBBS – B.J. Medical College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
- 2011 – Fellow, Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN
- 2008 – Resident, Internal Medicine, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN
- Associate Professor- MUSC/VCOM
Current Hospital and Administrative Appointments
- 2011 – Present – Medical Director, Interventional Pulmonary and Pulmonary Vascular Disease, AnMed Heath, Anderson, SC
- Click here for recent pulmonary hypertension publications by Dr. Raval.
Clay Hall, B.H.A., R.R.T., R.C.P.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- 2019 – Expected M.B.A. – Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL
- 2013 – B.H.A. – Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL
- 2008 – A.H.S. – Piedmont Technical College, Greenwood, SC
Current Professional Experience
- 2016-present – Pulmonary Disease Navigator, AnMed Health, Anderson, SC
- 2009-2016 – Clinical Manager-Respiratory Care, AnMed Health, Anderson, SC
- 2007-2009 – Respiratory Care Practitioner, AnMed Health, Anderson, SC
New and established patients interested in making an appointment with the Pulmonary Hypertension Program at AnMed Health can do so by contacting:
- Telephone: 864-512-6625
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org