French Hospital Medical Center
Central Coast Pulmonary Hypertension Center
1428 Phillips Lane
San Luis Obispo, Calif. 93401
The Central Coast Pulmonary Hypertension Center is a collaborative effort between French Hospital Medical Center and Central Coast Chest Consultants. The program was initiated in 2010 with Dr. Michael Ryan as the Medical Director. The program is located in San Luis Obispo, California and serves a catchment area from San Luis Obispo County to Northern Santa Barbara County. A dedicated, multidisciplinary team works to provide high level diagnosis, enhance advanced pulmonary hypertension management, and improve patient outcomes. Both inpatient and outpatient care is provided.
PH Program Physicians
- Michael Ryan, MD (Medical Director)
- Mark Soll, MD
- Dave Anderson, PA-C
Duration of Program’s Existence
- Since 2010
Number of PAH Patients Being Actively Managed
Number of Patients on IV/SQ Therapy
Support Services Available
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Central Line Placement
- On call Pulmonary/Cardiology Service (24/7)
- Palliative Care
- Pulmonary/Cardiac Rehabilitation
- PAH RN Champions
- Care Coordination
- Physical Therapy
- Collaboration with UCLA, Stanford, UCSD, Cottage Hospital
Michael J. Ryan, M.D.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
- 1997 – MD – Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Va.
- 1992 – BA – University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
- 2001-2004 – Fellowship; Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine; Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University; Providence, R.I.
- 1998-2001 – Residency, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Va.
- 1997-1998 – Internship, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Va.
Current Hospital and Administrative Appointments
- 2010-present – Partner, Central Coast Chest Consultants, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- 2010-present – Medical Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Center, French Hospital Medical Center, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Click here for recent pulmonary hypertension publications by Dr. Ryan.
Dave Anderson, PA-C
- Physician Assistant
- 1997 – PA – Saint Francis College, Loretto, Pa.
Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Sciences
- 2008-Present – Physician Assistant, Central Coast Chest Consultants, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Current Professional Experience
- 2008-present – Physician Assistant, Central Coast Chest Consultants, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
New and established patients interested in making an appointment with the Central Coast Pulmonary Hypertension Center can do so by contacting:
- Telephone: (805) 543-4407