The Oregon Clinic
Pulmonary Vascular Institute
Oregon Pulmonary Associates
9155 SW Barnes Road, Suite 840
Portland, OR 97225
The Oregon Clinic
1111 NE 99th Avenue, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97220
The pulmonary hypertension program started as two distinct programs. Dr. Rhett Cummings started the program at The Oregon Clinic with Providence Portland Medical Center as the supporting hospital in 2004, with Dr. Wayne Strauss joining him in 2007 to take on the leading responsibility for the group. Dr. John Butler started the program for Oregon Pulmonary Associates with Providence St. Vincent Medical Center as the supporting hospital in 2011. They combined PH efforts in 2013 and the two groups officially joined in 2016. The PH program is now known as the Pulmonary Vascular Institute at The Oregon Clinic. They care for nearly 1000 patients with all types of pulmonary hypertension in conjunction with the heart failure program and rheumatology clinics. They are active in ongoing clinical trials for PAH.
PH Program Physicians
- Jeffrey Robinson, M.D.
- Wayne Strauss, M.D.
- Hataya Poonyagariyagorn, M.D.
- Rhett Cummings, M.D.
- Lianne Lin, M.D.
- Janine Martin, RN, BSN, CCRN-K
Duration of Program’s Existence
- Since 2011
Number of PAH Patients Being Actively Managed
Number of Patients on IV/SQ Therapy
Support Services Available
- Anticoagulation Services
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Central Line Placement/Repair
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Dietary/Nutrition Services
- Lung Transplant Referral Program
- On-call Pulmonary/Cardiology Service (24/7 Availability)
- Palliative Care
- Pulmonary or Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy Referral Services (PTE)
- Social Work
Jeffrey Robinson, M.D.
Wayne Strauss, MD
Janine D. Martin, RN, BSN
- Registered Nurse
- 1995 – BSN – Union College, Lincoln, NE
Current Professional Experience
- 2012–Present – Care Management, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR
- PH Professional Network
New patients interested in making an appointment can call:
- Oregon Pulmonary Associates: (503) 802-7880
- The Oregon Clinic: (503) 963-3030
Last Verified: September 29, 2016