Get Involved with PH Care Centers
The PHCC Initiative will intermittently seek applications for the committees charged with program oversight and review of applicant centers.
PHCC Oversight Committee
The Oversight Committee, which serves under the PHCC Board of Directors, is composed of nine members with three-year terms. Members include physicians, allied health professionals, a lay-person, a representative of the PHA Board of Trustees and a PHA staff member. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Appoint and govern the PHCC Site Review Committee
- Analyze and update the PHCC accreditation criteria and corresponding evaluation tools, as necessary
- Modify accreditation scoring system, as necessary
- Adjudicate candidate Centers’ appeals
- Monitor Centers’ status reports (to be completed during accreditation cycle)
- Oversee and manage conflicts of interest within the PHCC Site Review Committee
- Provide periodic updates, in conjunction with the PHCC Board of Directors, on the state of the PHCC program to the PHA Board of Trustees
Members of the Oversight Committee will be expected to convene monthly meetings, which will be held remotely or in conjunction with other PHA events. Annual PHCC activity is anticipated to occupy approximately seven to 10 business days.
PHCC Review Committee
The Review Committee serves under the Oversight Committee and is composed of 20-25 members with two-year terms. Members include physicians, allied health professionals and a PHA staff member. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review applications from prospective Centers
- Perform one-day site visits of prospective Centers
- Process appeals from candidate Centers
- Monitor and notify the Oversight Committee of any accredited site issues
- Re-accredit PHCCs based on the accreditation cycle
- Attend monthly teleconferences to vote on accreditation of applicant programs
Members of the Review Committee will be expected to convene monthly meetings, which will be held remotely. Site visits will be conducted throughout the year, and each member will average approximately one visit per quarter.
How to Apply
The application period for the PHCC Oversight Committee and the PHCC Review Committee is currently closed. If you have any questions, please contact PHCC@PHAssociation.org.