The Puerto Rico PHA Support Group was invited to exhibit during the 8th Congress of the Coalition of Asthma and other Respiratory Diseases held Sept 20-22. The group showcased a display of information regarding pulmonary hypertension (PH) and the support groups that exist in Puerto Rico. This two-and-a-half-day event offered continuing education credits for a variety of conditions (including PH) for physicians, pulmonologists and respiratory therapists.
The conference included presentations by:
- Dr. Ricardo Fernandez on “Pulmonary Embolism and Its Relationship with the Development of Pulmonary Hypertension and CTEPH.”
- Dr. Elba Rosa Martin on “Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Its Relationship with Hypertension Pulmonary Among Other Conditions.”
- Dr. Teodosio Rucabado on “Pulmonary Hypertension Group 2 (related to heart problems).”
- Dr. Vinicio De Jesus-Perez on “The 6th World Symposium: New Classification Guidelines and How to Treat Pulmonary Hypertension Patients.”
- Dr. Alvaro Aranda on “Pulmonary Fibrosis, the Conditions That Precede the Development of Fibrosis and Its Complications, Including Transplant.”
- Dr. Satlish Chandrashekaran on “Lung Transplant, Indications and Results.”
“Our support group is focused on keeping the patients and caregivers well informed about the condition, new treatments and increasing their self-esteem,” says Maria Rosario, Support Group Leader of the Puerto Rico group.