The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA)-accredited Pulmonary Hypertension Care Centers (PHCCs) offer specialized expertise in pulmonary hypertension (PH) care, treatment and disease management. Through the center’s expertise in all types of PH and in particular pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), patients who visit PHCCs experience enhanced quality of care and improved outcomes. PHCCs play a vital role in our mission to extend and improve the lives of those with PH.
PHA-accredited PHCCs provide individuals with PH with the opportunity to enroll into the Pulmonary Hypertension Association Registry (PHAR). Data collected in PHAR evaluates specific outcomes for people with PH and helps researchers make meaningful discoveries about the disease. The information derived from PHAR data is used to establish best practices and standards of care, facilitate research, conduct clinical trials for drug development, and advance new and improved treatments. Independent from industry influence, the registry remains unsponsored and unbiased. Support from the PHA community is critical to maintain this autonomy.
PHA is embarking on a multi-year fundraising campaign, the Quality Care Initiative, to support both PHCCs and PHAR. These funds will ensure the sustainability and growth of each program. Your gift today will bolster PHCC operations, expand the PHAR database and increase analysis to leverage the collected information for the benefit of the PH community.
Make a donation today to support the PHCCs and PHAR.
How PH Care Centers Are Expected to Improve Patient Medical Care
- Patients are better informed about comprehensive PH care.
- Patients have improved access to centers with expertise in PH.
- Patients experience less time between symptom onset and diagnosis.
- The medical community is better informed about standards of PH care.
- Therapies are appropriately used to improve long-term outcomes.
- There are increased opportunities for collaboration between centers for clinical care and PH research.