Three copay assistance funds are currently open to help individuals with pulmonary hypertension (PH) pay unreimbursed copays for PH medications. Funding for copays is now available through the PAN Foundation, Patient Advocate Foundation and The Assistance Fund, but these can close at any time when funds have been distributed.
- Must be insured by Medicare and insurance must cover the medication for which the patient seeks assistance.
- Maximum grant: $5,300 with the option to apply for a second grant within the year if funds are available.
- Apply at https://www.panapply.org/ or call 866-316-7263.
Patient Advocate Foundation
- Must be insured by Medicare, Medicaid or through military benefits; insurance must cover the medication for which the patient seeks assistance.
- Maximum grant: $7,000.
- Apply at https://www.copays.org/ or call 866-512-3861.
The Assistance Fund
- All insurance types.
- Maximum grant: based on cost of medication being covered.
- Apply at https://tafcares.org/program-listing/ or call 855-649-8623.
For updated information about charitable assistance funds for PH, visit the Pulmonary Hypertension Association’s Online Insurance Guide.